Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cream Soda



I really like soda.  If I didn’t know how bad it is for me, and I wasn’t so cheap, I’d probably drink it all the time.  Most of the time I can quench my soda craving with seltzer and juice, but sometimes that does not do the trick.  On those days I do one of two things:  Buy a Dr. Pepper from the nearest store, or mix up a quick cream soda.  By that I don’t mean a fancy Italian soda that has cream mixed in, I mean an A&W style Cream Soda.  It's a great treat!  The amounts I use are for a very sweet soda like the store bought stuff, but I usually use about half this amount.

You will need

8 fl.oz Seltzer or club soda ($.79 per 33.8fl.oz, $.79/33.8fl.oz = $.02 x 8fl.oz = $.16)

2 Tbsp homemade vanilla syrup ($.03 per fl.oz)

1 Tbsp Caramel Syrup ($7.99 per 25.4fl.oz, $7.99/25.4fl.oz =  $.31 x.5fl.oz = $.16)

Mix these three ingredients together, add some ice, and drink.

It doesn't look like much, but it's delicious!

Try It

$.35 for a 9.5fl.oz glass, or $.04/fl.oz

Buy It
$1.99 for a 2 liter bottle, or $.03/oz.

Verdict
 
If you don't want to invest in the caramel syrup it's still quite tasty without it, and it would be a lot cheaper.  If you're an occasional soda drinker like me, Try It, it'll hit the spot and the cost is close enough.  I was thinking over New Year's Eve that it would also make a festive non- alcoholic toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment